Register with
RussForPresident.com

Subscribe to the
Michigan for Feingold Group

Powered by
 groups.yahoo.com



06 September 2005

Katrina, Rehnquist, and General Update

Sorry for the absence of activity. I've been busy, and with Katrina, my heart just hasn't been in spending my free time blogging.

I really can't come up with anything to say on anything right now... so I'll give you Senator Feingold's statements on the aftermath of the hurricane and on Chief Justice Rehnquist's passing.

On Katrina (frontpage of his Senate site):
Like all Americans, my thoughts are with those struggling to cope with the terrible effects of Hurricane Katrina. The devastation brought by the storm is absolutely heart-wrenching and beyond description. I continue to be concerned by reports of a slow emergency response. Clearly, more needs to be done to get help to Katrina’s victims. I hope that the emergency spending bill that the Senate approved last night will help speed up disaster relief efforts. I will continue to work with my colleagues in Congress to make sure that the federal government does all it can to assist those who have lost so much in this national tragedy.

On Rehnquist:
I have great respect for this son of Wisconsin 's long and distinguished tenure on the bench and for the dignity he brought to the Court and to his other duties. Chief Justice Rehnquist served with integrity and our country is grateful for his service. My thoughts are with his family.
Also, a RussForPresident.com blogad was chosen and will begin circulating the progressive blogospher starting tomorrow. I'll hopefully have more on that tomorrow.

Lastly, just as a warning, I might have to take a several-month break from this, depending on whether or not something I'm working on works out. I'll let you all know details when I know details. Might work out, might not. We shall see.

That's all for tonight. Except for this. Consider donating, if you can.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a great source of info for the Michigan Feingold supports. I hope all is well and you do not have to leave this effort.

-ilya S

Fri Sep 09, 05:22:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Dan K. said...

Well, Fitzy, you do a great job here and I'd hate it if you weren't able to keep on blogging.

Sun Sep 11, 02:48:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Fitzy said...

Thanks, both of you. I was hoping that a long-term project I've been working on would finally work out, which would keep me too busy to update regularly. And for a little while it looked like that might happen. But as of right now, it looks like the project won't be going anywhere... at least, not for now.

I'm a little disappointed, because I've put a lot of energy into it, but I'm also kind of glad, since I'd have to give up doing a lot of stuff I do with my time-- like maintaining this site. So I'm here for a little bit longer.

Sun Sep 11, 04:31:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home